Thursday 27 October 2011

Golden Leaves

I made this for the Ways to Use It challenge at Splitcoaststampers today - to use leaves.  I sponged a square masked with post-it-notes using various inks and then embossed the leaves in gold - they're from a fabulous Sweet and Sassy Set called Autumn Leaves.  The sentiment was stamped onto the card but I messed it up with a big splodge of ink so I had to redo and pop it up.  In the end, it made it stand out more.  I finished off by adding brushed gold brads and gold cord, which is a favorite of mine.
I was inspired by the wonderful gallery of Heather T at SCS who masks and sponges beautifully - you can see what I mean HERE.
Other supplies include:
Spellbinders Nestabilities Petite Ovals
SU Perfect Plum, Real Red, Blushing Bride, Orchid Opulence ink
Verve Kind Words sentiment

1 comment:

Kim S said...

Absolutely stunning! I love your color choices...there is no way I would have thought those colors would work together, but you have blended them perfectly!