Wednesday 31 August 2011

Orange Rose Blossom

My card today combines the Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenge and Sweet and Sassy Stamps Inspiration Challenge this week - I went with the colors of the inspiration photo, in aqua, orange and green, and thanks to My Minds Eye Stella and Rose Mabel dp, it wasn't too hard!  One of my favorite things to do is match up dp's and try to combine patterns - small patterns seem to work best for this - dots, stripes, checks, etc. and of course, pads of paper which come already coordinated make this so easy!  I've discovered that 6 x 6 pads are much more useful for cardmaking than 12 x12 pads because when the pattern is too large, it tends to be lost on the front of a card.  I rarely buy a 12 x 12 anymore, but if I go for it due to irresistable colors and patterns, I usually end up giving the very large patterned paper to friends who scrapbook! 
The popped up flower is from Sweet and Sassy Stamps Rose Blossom and the sentiment is from their Your Friendship set.  All edges have been distressed with ink.
Other supplies include:
Buttons
Twine
Spellbinders Nestabilities Circles
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
SU Pool Party, Pumpkin Pie ink

4 comments:

Cottage Crafter said...

such lovely colors together, love that rose.

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

I'll try this again. My first comment didn't take.
I love your card and how you mixed all those patterns. Great layout also. I have many large paper pads that I've fallen in love with, and are now collecting dust for the same reason.

Linda Carson said...

Love your mix of patterns! Beautiful colored rose & the twine adds the perfect texture!

Shannon White said...

Wowzers, this is Gorgeous! love your Sweet rose image and Fabulous coloring. Super layout and love the d's too! Just a Really lovely card!

Hugs
Shannon 8-)