Sunday 20 March 2011

Featured Stamper Challenge Card

Over at Splitcoaststampers, Sunday is Featured Stamper challenge day and today the featured stamper is Mary Beth (mbrcutie25).  I was inspired by this creation from her lovely SCS gallery:
Mary Beth's Card
The square was cut with a Spellbinders Nestabilities die and sponged while still in the die.  I used a cloud cut with a Papertrey Ink die with Stampin Up's Cool Caribbean blue for sponging to make a cloud covered sky!
The grass is cut with a My Favorite Things Die-namic from Stampin Up's Kiwi Kiss.  The flowers and leaves are also cut with MFT Die-namics.  The dp is from My Minds Eye.  To finish I added tiny grassy green buttons and three colors of twine from the The Twinery in complimenting colors.  For those of you from the U.K., ordering twine from The Twinery in the U.S. couldn't be easier, it's so light the postage isn't too bad.  I've discovered that if the merchandise is under £18 there is no customs charge (for gifts you're allowed under £40).

2 comments:

seamom said...

OOOOOOOOU! (Did I spell that right?)
I saw your card on Splitcoast and decided to check out your NEW blog. It is very nice! (That said by one who doesn't have a blog, doesn't want to have one, and who reads a LOT of blogs!
I get inspiration from them, and also learn about new "stuff" in the paper crafting arena. Thanks for the info on where to buy the twine that I think you used so cleverly on your card.
Your "ABOUT ME" statement is what I aspire to also be able to say. I wish you the very best with your blog. I will be following.........

Debzi333 said...

Ohhh! Bridget! I'm so excited about your new blog! Such a darling card! Once I figure out how, I'll add my picture to your blog as a follower! It is debz333 here - aka Deborah!